Google+

Wednesday 17 August 2011

The Gallery....Black and White

I love Black and White photography.  It has a simplicity.  A defined contrast.  Real impact.  I love the element of nostalgia that black and white photos possess, the look of a bygone era.  But I also love how the effect can be used to create a real contemporary photograph.

I've posted lots of black and white photographs from my family archives on this blog before.  Photographs of my parents in their youth, portraits of me as a baby and photos of my dear old grandparents.  However I've decided to use this week's prompt from Tara to show a modern interpretation of black and white photography. 

For this week's entry to The Gallery I have chosen to use an image that my daughter Ella created.  She is really keen on photography and enjoys playing around with photos using editing software.  I love her creativity and think she really works the b & w look!!  It goes to show that even with all the capabilities of modern technology, sometimes the old fashioned simplicity of black and white can create something really impressive.




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...