Google+

Thursday 16 February 2012

Bloggers' Q & A

The lovely Heather from SAHM Loving It has tagged me in a Q & A meme.  The idea is that the person who tags you makes their own set of questions that they want answered.  Then once you've answered them, you get to make up your own questions and tag your own favourite bloggers to answer them!  That way...it never gets stale! 
So, here are the questions Heather wants me and her other taggees to answer:
  1. What's the worst present you've ever been given?  Oh dear, this is a tricky one as I always try to be very diplomatic about the receipt of gifts.  It's the thought that counts after all!  However, my lovely old Nan was the sweetest lady, but her present buying was always a bit awry.  Age inappropriate pressies for the kids, more than one of the same gift in a year or secondhand items were the norm.  But the very worst gift was a second hand vanity set, brought from a Bring & Buy Sale, that included a hair brush full of old lady, white hairs.  EW!!
  2. If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world where would it be and why?  I am a rubbish traveller which has meant that holidaying tends not to extend beyond France.  If a teleport machine was invented I would love to 'do Florida' with the whole family as I am embarrassingly excited by theme parks and attractions.  I'd also love to see turtles swimming around in the sea in Bora Bora and pet an Orang-Utan in Borneo.
  3. What's your most embarrassing moment?  I haven't embarrassed myself easily for a while thank goodness. Apart from occasionally flashing the postman when I've answered the door to him with a boob out, which is an occupational hazard of breastfeeding, I can't think of much else.  I've probably blocked all the other mortifying moments from my mind in an attempt to retain what little dignity I have left.
  4. If you won £45m on the Euro Lottery (like that young couple did the other week), what would you do with the money?  The amount of times that I have fantasized about winning a vast fortune on the lottery means that I can answer this without having to even think about it!  I would do all the practical things first, like make my older children millionaires and buy an amazing house for the family.  Then I'd hire out the top floor of the Disneyland Hotel and invite everyone that I love to the ultimate Disney party.  I'd donate some money to hand picked charities and individuals.  I'd bank a load (because I'm very sensible like that).  I'd see that my parents and my in-laws never wanted for anything in their old age.  I'd pay off the mortgages on my sister and sister-in-law's houses.  I'd see that my nephews and nieces had a nice nest egg.  Then I'd host a competition on my blog with a £10,000 prize and sell all my old things at a car boot sale with everything costing 1p regardless of what it was...how cool would that be!  One thing for sure though...I wouldn't want a yacht, or a flash car or ridiculously priced designer clothes and jewellery...I'm just not that fancy!  
  5. If you weren't with your partner/boyfriend/husband/significant other (or, if you aren't with anyone right now - bonus!) and you could have one date night with someone else, who would it be and what would you do?  I'd go to the Oscars as Brad Pitt's date. (Angelina can stay at home and babysit!)
  6. Football or rugby?  I get equally into football and rugby when a big match or a World Cup is on.  All other times I am equally not arsed about either.  With a husband who does not follow or play sport, this is easy to do.
  7. If there was a film made about your life, which actor/actress would play you?  That'd be the aforementioned Angelina Jolie.  She could go a bit 'Girl Interrupted' for the teenage years and then she can harness the harassed mother inside her to portray my present day vibe.
  8. Do you prefer a wild night out or a quiet night in?  I've not done a night out for years!  But then again, nights in aren't exactly quiet with my family around.  So I'll go for a wild night in!!
  9. Is there one television programme that you couldn't live without in your life? Oh dear, I feel a confession coming on!  For me I couldn't do without Playing It Straight, True Blood, Glee, American Horror Story, How I Met Your Mother, One Tree Hill, Desperate Housewives or Weeds.  Me and my big girls love our Mummy/Daughter TV shows!!
  10. If you could turn back time, what would you do differently? I can't answer this, because I am a firm believer that every action that I've ever taken has directed me down the path to where I am now with the five most amazing children and the most wonderful husband I could wish for.  I wouldn't change a thing....but if I could guarantee that it wouldn't alter the space/ time continuum in anyway I would most definitely love to go back in time with the knowledge, confidence and wherewithal that I have now and handle some of the situations that I got myself into differently.  All those abusive blokes would not know what hit them!
  11. What's your guilty pleasure?  Apart from the huge list of TV programmes above, my guilty pleasure has to be toilet humour.  A good diarrhoea, skid mark or sharting story has me in hysterics.  I'm sorry :(
The Rules:
  • You must post these rules.
  • Each person must post 11 things about herself on their blog.
  • Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
  • Choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post. 
  • Let each blogger know that you have tagged them.

    So, here are the questions I would like the people I've tagged to answer:

    1:  If you could be anyone else for the day, who would you choose and why?
    2: What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
    3: If you could time travel to any period of history what era would you visit?
    4: If you had to live without either cheese or chocolate, which one would you never have again?
    5: If you were an animal....what animal would you be?
    6: What super power would you most want to have?
    7: If you had to be genetically modified, would you rather have a third arm, a third leg, a second head or some other modification???
    8:  Which song do you think you sing best? (...in my mind, when I crack out Total Eclipse of the Heart I believe I could sell out stadiums!!)
    9: On a scale of 1-10, how good a dancer do you rate yourself to be?
    10: Which film have you watched the most times?  (Do not include films played over and over to appease your kids!)
    11:  Which Disney character can you most relate to?  (I like to think I'm most like geeky, bookish, brunette Belle...which technically makes Ian a beast!  Rawr!!)

    I am tagging:
    Bloggomy
    The Crazy Kitchen
    Real Suburban Mummy
    Red Rose Mummy
    Not Met Megan
    Emma and Three
    Blog By Baby
    Kate On Thin Ice
    Mummy Loves

    As ever, no pressure to join in, but if you do, I'm looking forward to your answers!! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...