Google+

Monday 23 April 2012

Our Song

I love a good romantic story and think that the power of a song to bring back wonderful memories is simply magical. Just listening to the opening notes of a special song evokes those feelings and emotions that have shaped our lives.

Ian and I have been married for fifteen years this May.  I have written about our love story and even now, all these years and five children later, I still adore the man who is my best friend and soul mate.  I am so blessed.

The song that we call Our Song is the song that was played as our first wedding dance, Alanis Morissette's "Head Over Feet."  


The lyrics of 'Head Over Feet' are just perfect and describe our relationship perfectly.  Ian waited for years for the time to be right for our friendship to turn to romance.  He never lost faith in the fact that we would  eventually be together forever:  He waited for me...for us.


"You are the bearer of unconditional things
You held your breath and the door for me
Thanks for your patience.

You're the best listener that I've ever met
You're my best friend
Best friend with benefits
What took me so long?"


Head over Feet, wedding song, first dance
Our First Dance
I still love this song and I love that I did eventually fall 'Head Over Feet' for my childhood sweetheart Ian.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...