Google+

Thursday 24 March 2011

Babywearing with BabyBjorn

Babywearing is the practice of wearing or carrying your baby in a sling or carrier.  It has recently gained popularity and is advocated by followers of the principles of attachment parenting.  It is also a method of baby transport which allows the parent's hands to be free.  It encourages social interaction and allows baby to see their surroundings as an adult would.  Leaving the pushchair at home allows a new freedom to parents and their babies to discover the world together.

BabyBjorn offered me the chance to try out one of their baby carriers.  Although Freddy is nearing the top end weight wise, I really wanted to try out babywearing and find out exactly what it would be like to experience the closeness and practicalities of this beneficial practice.

I received a gorgeous Limited Edition Pop Green Carrier from BabyBjorn.  I was hugely impressed by how beautifully designed it was and how intuitive it was to use.  I'd used a sling before with one of my eldest children and remember it being far too complicated and very uncomfortable to wear. Things have really moved on... BabyBjorn's Carrier is incredibly comfortable with an even distribution of weight across my shoulders with the wide, padded straps.  It feels secure and safe.  All the adjustments are made in the front making it really user friendly.  It is suitable from birth and grows with your child with three positions and with baby facing inward or outward depending on their age and developmental stage.  A marvellous investment to carry your baby from day one through to toddlerhood.



When we go for a day out or a walk, one or the other of us usually ends up carrying Freddy because he gets tired and cranky and wants the closeness and comfort being held.  The BabyBjorn carrier was a perfect solution for this.  He enjoyed being able to see the world while being securely and closely carried.  Having my hands free made me feel much safer holding him and allowed me to use my hands where necessary to open doors, carry my bag or hold my daughter's hand.

He was on the size limit of the carrier, but the adjustable strap made it plenty big enough for him to use.  I just wish I'd discovered it sooner.  It is such a natural thing to do and something I'd highly recommend to parents.

BabyBjorn have a range of carriers and accessories designed with love and care to make carrying your precious load a safe, joyous and comfortable experience.  Suitable from birth, there is sure to be a carrier to suit everyone's needs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...